Fairfield Area District Wide Parental Involvement PolicyPart I.General Expectations
The Fairfield Area School District believes that parent involvement in the educational process leads to greater student ability. Parental involvement is especially desired for students who fall behind or have difficulty learning. (School board policy 918)
Part II. Description of How District Will Implement Required District Wide Parental Involvement Policy Components
The Fairfield Area School District will:
- Involve parents in the joint planning, review and improvement of its district wide parental involvement plan.
· The plan will be reviewed at Spring Title I meeting.
- Hold an annual meeting to inform parents of the school’s participation in the Title I program and to explain the requirement of the program and their right to be involved.
- Fall Title I meeting
- Hold parent meetings, including parent conferences, at different times during the day.
· November conferences held during the day and evening
· Additional conferences are held throughout the school year at parent request
- Use Title I funds to pay reasonable and necessary expenses associated with parent involvement activities.
· Title I Parent Gathering
- Involve parents in the planning, review, and improvement of the Title I program.
· Spring Title I meeting
- Provide parents of participating children with timely information about the Title I program. (in accordance with school board policy 918)
· Report cards quarterly
· Phone calls
· Progress reports
· Title I parent meeting held in the fall and spring
- Provide parents of participating children with a description and explanation of curriculum in use at the school, the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
· Fall Title I meeting
- Provide, if requested by parents, opportunity for regular meetings to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children, and respond to any such suggestions as soon as practically possible. ( in accordance with school board policy 918)
· Parent-Teacher conferences held in November
· Title I meetings held in the fall and spring
· Child Study Team (CST) process
- Jointly develop with parents a school-parent compact. The compact will outline how parents, the entire school staff and students will share in the responsibility for improved student achievement.
· Developed during spring Title I parent meeting
· Reviewed during conferences in the November.
- Provide material and training to help parents to work with their child to improve their child’s achievement and foster parent involvement.
· Title I Parent Gathering
Part III. Adoption
This District Wide Parental Involvement Policy has been developed jointly with parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs, as evidenced by
Parent signatures of attendance at the May 11, 2017, Title I Parent Meeting
This policy was adopted by the Fairfield Area School District on August 14, 2017 and will be in effect for the period of one year. The school district will distribute this policy to all parents of participating Title I, Part A children on the District website or a hardcopy is available upon request.
(Signature of Authorized Official)