Fairfield Area Elementary School
Title I Parental Involvement Policy
Part I. General Expectations
The Fairfield Area Elementary School will take the following actions to involve parents in the joint development of its school parental involvement plan:
- At the Fall Title I parent meetings the proposed Fairfield Area Elementary School Parental Involvement Plan will be presented to parents in written form for their review and suggestions.
- Revisions to the plan will be discussed and accepted at the meeting.
- The approved Fairfield
- Area Elementary School Parental Involvement Plan will be sent to parents in written format after these Fall meetings.
Part II. Description of how the school will implement required school parental involvement policy components
A. The Fairfield Area Elementary School will take the following actions to provide for parental involvement:
- Hold an annual meeting to inform parents of their school’s participation in Title I and to explain the requirements of the program.
- Involve parents in the planning, review, and revision of the program, including the parental involvement policy.
- Provide parents of participating children with information about the instructional programs and assessments included in Title I, the proficiency of their children and the proficiency levels children are expected to meet.
- Offer parents access to Title I staff through phone calls, e-mail, notes, messages, and individual conferences.
B. The Fairfield Area Elementary School will jointly develop with parents of all Title I children a school/parent compact. This compact will outline how parents, the school staff and students will share the responsibility for improving student academic achievement, and define the means for developing the partnership between the school and parents that is necessary for efficient achievement of the standards. The compact will:
- Describe the school’s responsibility to provide high-quality curriculum and instruction as well as a supportive learning environment.
- Describe parents’ responsibility for supporting their children’s learning
- Address the importance of communication between teachers and parents through meetings, parent-teacher conferences, progress reports, and informal contacts such as phone calls, notes, and e-mails.
C. The Fairfield Area Elementary School will ensure effective involvement of parents and support a partnership among the school, parents, and community in order to improve student academic achievement. The school will undertake the following:
- Provide assistance to parents in understanding the State’s academic content standards and state and local assessments.
- Provide parents with ideas and strategies for working with their children at home.
- Provide staff with information on involving and partnering with parents to ensure the academic achievement of Title I students.
- Coordinate and integrate parent involvement programs with Head Start and private preschools, as requested.
- Provide information related to school and parent programs and meetings in a format that is accessible to parents.
D. The Fairfield Area Elementary School will provide full opportunities for the participation of parents with limited English proficiency, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory children including providing information and school reports in a format and, to the extent possible, in a language that parents understand.
Part III. Adoption
The Elementary School Title I Parental Involvement Policy has been developed jointly with, and agreed on with, parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs, as evidenced by parent signatures of attendance at the 5/11/17 Spring Title I Parent meeting and the accompanying agenda.
This policy will be in effect for the period of one year. The school district will distribute this policy to all parents of participating Title I, Part A children.
Karen C Kugler
Signature of Title I Coordinator