Fairfield Area Elementary School
Title I School—Parent Compact
This school parent compact is in effect during school year 2017-2018.
The Fairfield Area Elementary School will:
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards as follows:
-Provide highly qualified teachers and staff to work with participating children.
-Provide core and intervention programs designed to meet the various academic needs of participating children
-Provide on-going assessment and adjust children’s programs to maximize academic growth.
2. Hold parent teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. Specifically, those conferences are held at least two times per year with the second time being held as needed.
3. Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress. Specifically, the school will provide Title I progress reports after the first, second, third, and fourth marking periods.
4. Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Specifically, staff will be available for consultation with parents by appointment between 8:15 and 3:45. Parents are welcome to send notes, e-mails or phone during school hours.
5. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
-Each building has a policy for parent volunteers.
-Parents are welcome to observe in classrooms with prior notification.
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
1. Monitoring attendance
2. Making sure that homework is completed and assisting as needed
3. Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education
4. Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time
5. Reading nightly with my child
6. Parents will arrange to pick up work for their child who is absent
Karen C Kugler ____________________
Title I Coordinator Parent(s)