Volunteers Always Welcome!Volunteers are a necessary part of any library's operation. Volunteer activities can range from traditional book shelving to creating show cases and bulletin boards to working with students to creating a database of web sites suitable for a project.
If you are interested in volunteering, give Mrs. Mickley a call at 642-8228, ext 2012 between andVolunteers might be asked to do any of the following:
- Shelving videos, CDs, and DVDs;
Shelving books or magazines and maintain periodical inventory;
Take care of the plants;
Get the mail and Process newspapers and magazines: detailed instructions provided;
- Maintain supplies needed by students at computers and tables;
- Clean computer keyboards and screens, tables, dust shelves;
- Straighten books on shelves (Shelf read) and check and complete needed repairs;
- High School and Middle School showcases: remove books, artifacts, posters, and signs and put away; create showcase displays, shelf top displays, bulletin boards;
- Check in/Check out books, paperback books, magazines, videos, CDs, DVDs, etc;
- Locating appropriate websites for various projects and annotating them;
- Check purchase orders against existing collection;
- Creating library posters and brochures;
- Volunteers need attention to detail!