Sixth Grade Camp
Each year, sixth grade students from FASD embarq on an exciting three-day overnight adventure to Camp Eder. Guided by the sixth grade teachers, this fun-filled journey includes survival tips, capture the flag, smore making, dancing, and more. Below are some answers to frequently asked questions.
- When is 6th grade camp? October
- Where is 6th grade camp held? Camp Eder, 914 Mount Hope Road, Fairfield, PA
- How do I get to Camp Eder? From Fairfield Middle School travel north on Fairfield Road/ PA. Take a slight left onto Carrolls Tract Road. Take the first left onto Mount Hope Road. Camp Eder will be on the left in about 1.9 miles
- Does my child have to attend 6th grade camp? 6th grade camp is an integral part of the curriculum. All students are expected to participate. If a student does not attend 6th grade camp, the teachers must be notified in advance and the child is required to be at school during the days of camp. Alternate assignments will be assigned.
- What do I need to pack for 6th grade camp? Click here for the packing list.
- What if my child needs to take medication while at camp? A district nurse will be at camp 24 hours a day to provide medical care for the students. For medications (prescription or over-the-counter) to be given, a signed doctor’s order must accompany the medication. Exceptions are acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil), antacid (Tums), and Benadryl. Click here for Emergency Contact and Medical form.
- How will my child get to and from camp? Students will be dropped off and picked up directly at Camp Eder at their assigned times. Be sure to sign your student in upon arrival on Wednesday and sign them out upon leaving on Friday. Students will only be allowed to leave with the adults that were provided to the 6th grade teachers. Click here for Transportation form and instructions.