• Who can I talk to concerning Special Education in the Fairfield  Area School District?

    Each building principal is aware of the procedure for obtaining special education services. You may also contact the Special Education Office at (717) 642-2044.

    How can I get a copy of procedural safeguards?

    Click on the link below to open a copy of the safeguards.  If you have additional questions or needs the safeguards explained, you may contact the Special Education Office at (717) 642-2044.

    Procedural Safeguards

    Where can I get copies of the regulations pertaining to Special Education?

    A copy of the special education regulations and standards may be obtained by writing the Bureau of Special Education or by calling the main number (717) 783-6913.

    What is an IEP?

    An IEP is an Individualized Education Program and is the written plan for the education of a student who has a disability. The IEP is based on the individual student's needs and describes the special help the student will receive in school.

    Are parents involved in the Special Education process?

    Parents play a key role in determining the programs and services with which their child will be provided. Parents are encouraged to participate in all aspects of the determination of the appropriateness of their child's special education.

    What is a Special Education placement?

    A "placement" refers to the actual class and school a special education student attends where the student receives his or her special education program, and the type and intensity of services needed.