What Parents and Athletes Need to Know
- Every Summer FASD hold physicals dates for all of our athletes (Grades 7-12) to have easy accessibility to the doctors and so that the correct forms are filled out for the upcoming school year.
- An athlete must have a current sports physical (dated after June 1st) in order to participate at practices and games.
- All physicals must be handed into the Athletic Office prior to the athlete being able to participate in any sports program sponsored by the school.
- All athletes must have health or accident insurance to be able to participate in a school-sponsored sport. This information must be filled out on the front page of the PIAA Physical form.
- FASD does have an Athletic Program Fee which each athlete must hand into the Athletic Office in order to be able to participate in the school-sponsored sport. The current fee is $50.00 per sport/season.
- When a physical is handed in, the athlete's name is entered on a list for each sport which is indicated on the physical form. This is why it is VERY IMPORTANT that the PIAA Physical form is used. The coaches receive the lists from the Athletic Director and that is how the coach is aware that the athlete is:
- 1.) interested in participating in the sport
- 2.) able to participate as the physical is on file in the Athletic Office.
- We maintain a high standard of Sportsmanship, which includes our coaches, athletes, and fans. We ask that you allow the players to play, the coaches to coach and the officials to officiate. Any harassment or slanderous remarks will NOT be tolerated and will result in removal from the contest.
- Most of the information that is dispersed is through the announcements of the HS or MS, however, we are working keeping the athletic website up-to-date as best as possible for each athletic program. Each sport has its own page and is updated as needed.
- For the most up to date information please check the FASD Athletics Page on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram